Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

An apology from the PBH Rescue Dogs

"Sorry that I'm a healthy Adult Dog... sorry I was only put on a short chain to a tree in the middle of the cold winter with no food, no water, and no shelter and left to become horribly emaciated... sorry, my former owners home was foreclosed on... I'm very thankful to the very nice realtor lady to whom discovered me and reached out to rescues to help me.  Thank you to the good people of Suncoast Animal League for getting me to the vet and getting my weight back up and giving me a warm place to sleep at night. Sorry, I was chasing the horses of what I thought was my Forever Home... I was only having fun... they only needed to spend time with me to train me not to do that... Thank you to Pit Bull Happenings for giving me a safe and loving home and for feeding me and ensuring my medical needs are taken care of... Sorry nobody wants to help by sponsoring me monthly until Pit Bull Happenings can find me a good Forever Home... sorry nobody wants to be my foster home until my forever home can be found... Sorry for being me." ~ Oliver, PBH Rescue Dog


"Sorry that we came from a Shelter in the Panhandle of Florida... sorry, that we are black and people suffer from the "black dog syndrome"... we didn't ask to be black... Sorry, you're about to miss us grow into healthy, happy adults... sorry that you're going to miss our puppy years... Sorry we only had early stages of demodex mange and not a severe case where we had no hair and extremely bad looking and achy... sorry, we didn't come from a more sad situation that pulls on your heart, having you sponsor us monthly or even donate a little to our Rescue to help care for us... Sorry, you don't want to help by Fostering us until our Forever Home comes... when our Forever Home is found... Sorry, for being me" ~ Meadow & Amaya, PBH Rescue Dogs



"Sorry, I was only found as a stray by a kind lady who took me to the Vet to get me current on my shots and neutered.  Sorry, I was heartworm negative... sorry, I didn't come from a gory pasttime... sorry for being a healthy dog and for being about 2 years old... I didn't realize how old two was... sorry for being full of energy, and for being a happy go getter me... Sorry you don't want to help my rescue by sponsoring me monthly... sorry nobody wants to Foster me until my Forever Home comes to get me... sorry for being me" ~ Junky, PBH Rescue Dog


"Sorry my owners abandoned me at their old house... sorry I was living under the house because the landlord kicked me out of the house... sorry I was horribly flea infested... sorry I was only 10 or 15 lbs under weight... I would have been much worst if a kind lady didn't come by to feed me every day for a week and a half... sorry I was filled with worms and parasites... sorry I'm only heartworm positive... and not more unhealthy or sickly... sorry you don't want to sponsor me to help the Rescue who has been so kind to take me in and to get me to the Vet and who feeds me and has given me a nice place to live inside while I get healthier... sorry that my story isn't good enough to help this kind rescue care for me... Sorry for being me" ~ Cheyenne, PBH Rescue Dog


"We're sorry our stories are more of the same... We're sorry Pit Bull Happenings doesn't want to use sympathy to garner support and donations to help care for us while under the Rescue's care... We're sorry we aren't those hugely sickly dogs... sorry we aren't those 'cute little puppies' that everybody wants to help and save... we're sorry for mostly being healthy adults... we only want to find our forever homes... we don't want you to only want us because we come from a horrific past... we've forgotten our past... and are living day by day... we don't dwell on the past.... we don't want your sympathy... we just want you to love us for who we are... We aren't old... really, we aren't... two years old is young and we still have a long life to live... We're sorry our stories aren't 'good enough' to have any sponsors to help out the rescue... Sorry for only being ourselves... Sorry for only being PBH Rescue Dogs" ~ PBH Rescue Dogs

Pit Bull Happenings, Inc.   ...here for the dogs!

Disclaimer: This blog was written solely to bring Awareness to the Fact that Healthy Adult dogs are in need of help with funding, care, rescue, etc... To bring awareness too that more often than not... they are over looked in Rescues and Shelters because people are wanting to rescue and help a sickly dog, one that comes with a heart wrenching story and then of course you have the "everybody wants a puppy" mentality or so it seems. In NO WAY, Shape, or Form is this blog intended to be interpreted as wishing ill will upon the sickly dogs or puppies... PBH cares about ALL dogs, of ALL history, of ALL stories (sad or happy)!


No comments:

Post a Comment